Thursday, August 27, 2009

Anxious and Obsessed

I hate waiting and not knowing. The last 2 weeks leading up to Aunt Flo's visit often kills me. If I am having a normal Luteal Phase, then that usually means 14 days of agonizing over whether I managed to get pregnant or not. I am like the "Are-we-there-yet?" kid in a car impatiently bugging his parents every 5 minutes if they have arrived yet . Except, it's me asking myself -

"Am I pregnant yet?"

"Am I pregnant yet?"

"Am I pregnant yet?"

"How about now?"

"Now?"

"Now?"....

I wish I had a Magic Mirror that could show me everything that's happening in my body. That would take a lot of the guesswork out! But I don't. So I am obsessed with symptoms and any slight changes in my body that could point to a possible pregnancy. Oh! How I love my digital thermometer! I am obsessed about taking my temperature, hoping for that slight increase that may suggest a pregnancy. I've taken my temperature twice already since I started writing this post! It was 98.8˚F both times! It's higher than my normal daytime body temperature of 98.6˚! Is that a good thing? "Am I pregnant?". "AM I PREGNANT?" I know - it's official - I am an "Obsessive Compulsive Knocked-Up Wannabe"!

No comments: