Monday, August 31, 2009

Shattered Dreams

There's nothing worse than getting up to a brand new day only to have your hopes and dreams come crashing down on you. I discovered first thing this morning that Aunt Flo had visited me sometime in the night and left me with the news that I dread every month - that I have failed to conceive again.

This visit took me by surprise because it wasn't due for another two days. This meant further bad news - I have a shortened Luteal Phase, as if endometriosis wasn't bad enough. Hearing how depressed I was, my sweet hubby tried to give me hope by suggesting that it could be implantation bleeding. It lifted my spirits up for a while, giving me a spark of hope, but I knew it just wasn't possible. And with all the signs of what a period shouldn't be - dark and dotted with clots, I am bracing myself for some more bad news - Immense pain and agony throughout the period. I don't know how I am going to make it through the next few days...

2 comments:

Carlia said...

i'm so sorry! i completely understand. it seems to happen to me every month, too. how long was your LP? how long is it normally? they say, as long as it is at least 12 days, you should be ok. anything shorter than that is cause for concern. you can take vitamins b6, b12, and folic acid to help your O and extend your LP. if you ever want to chat, i am part of this online forum with other women going through similar experiences. i could send you the link if you'd like. anyway, stay positive and keep your chin up. there's always next month. :)

zengirl said...

Hi Carla, My LP was about 12 days this cycle. I was hoping for a perfect 14 day LP, But maybe 12 is not too bad... Thanks for your tips and words of encouragement. Infertility is a tough road to bear on your own, and it's always consoling to have somebody who has been there and completely understands. So thank you. :-) And I would love to visit this online forum sometime. Please email me the link- it sounds like a wonderful place to share and learn!