Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Ovary Is Not Dead

Almost Positive! Not of the preggers kind but apparently I have an egg that's waiting to break out! Today is Day 24 of my cycle and I am finally detecting a slight surge in my Luteinizing Hormone. Yippee! I have been peeing on those ovulation predictor sticks for a week now and have almost given up hope, till today! The blue line on the right is the control line, and the line on the left needs to be similar or darker than the control line on the right. I've been getting nothing for the past week (see the first stick on top) but today's stick (the second one below) shows a blue line forming! I am sooooo happy!

For most women, this is no big event at all, but for me, it's HUGE, given that I am desperately trying to conceive and there wasn't even any sign of ovulation last month. So, I am relieved that my ovary is still alive - at least one of them is! That explains the painful twangs I've been having in my lower left abdomen, and for the fact that I've been so emotional yesterday - I even cried watching old reruns of The Amazing Race! I can't wait to pee on another of those sticks and see THE elusive dark blue line tomorrow. I am SO keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: