Monday, September 7, 2009

Come On Baby, Light My Fire!

After discussing with my TCM doctor today, it was decided that we should treat my condition a bit more aggressively. The progress with my daily herb and twice-weekly acupuncture has been slow, and it was not helping me eliminate the "wind" left over from my miscarriage. Wind! Yes it seems I do have "wind" in my body! I am still trying to wrap my head around this "wind" terminology - Apparently it is not the smelly type that comes out of the butthole, nor is it some kind of breeze blowing through your body, but an "evil" thing that is bad for the body. It is a form of chilled condition, or obstruction of energy in the body, or something like that. Anyway, it is bad for me and I have to get rid of it as it is still causing me circulation problems, resulting in blood stasis/endo and cold uterus. That means painful periods, blood clots, and infertility. For optimum fertility, everything in the body has to be warm and flowing.

So today, I started my first Moxibustion treatment. Moxi-what??? It is just a fancy name for a simple procedure that heats up acupuncture needles. First, the needles are poked in the usual places, and then a cigar-like stick made of herbs called moxa (or mugwort) is burnt and placed near each needle to warm it up. The heat is then transmitted through the needles into the body. This warms up and activates the whole energy channel and organs in the body. There is no pain, but it is wise to let the person know when the needle gets hot beyond your comfort! Then it is moved to the next needle. For me, the session lasted 20 minutes, covering a total of 8 needles in my body.

I will do this Moxibustion everyday in addition to my usual herb/acupuncture treatment until my TCM doc feels that my body is well heated up, and I no longer have the cold conditions or wind. I am really looking forward to seeing some real progress and getting this 38 year-old body all revved up for pregnancy. I hope this month is it for me. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

4 comments:

deirdre said...

LOVE moxi!!!! love it

surgery can help many women, centerforendo.com helped me

also, progesterone, google TTC progesterone and TTC prometrium

johnleemd.com

endo-resolved.com

see diet info also

makingbabies.com

endometriosis.org/nutrition

marilyn shannon's 4th edition of fertility and cycles on amazon

omsoul.com

fertilitycare.org

naprotechnology.com

natural family planning docs can help you chart, test hormones and supplement with progesterone

deirdre said...

i would avoid peanut butter - it makes my pelvic pain worse (you might want to google this)

your understanding of a lap is not correct, not with an expert - i read your diagnosis back in the beginning

endo excision removes the endo at the root, you should not need follow-up surgeries the way superficial endo 'removal ' leads to - that often makes everything worse

endometriosissurgeon.com, endoexcision.com

these sites i posted should explain the differences

you might want to continue to try TCM and diet first, but just read up on how this is different than the local ob/gyn

i had endo removed from my bladder, my colon, my uterosacral ligaments, my sciatic nerve, my ovaries, etc etc

deirdre said...

hey, those improvements sound pretty good! you might be on a bettr path - if you add some of the things i passed on, maybe that would help????

some women alternate advil / tylenol every few hours, ask a doc / pharmacist

there are homeopathic gels you can put on yoru stomach, and tabls to take - the mfgr is HEEL - they kind of help!

i have taken xanax to help with uterine tightness, it helps! with everything, i take a gentle magnesium to keep from being constipated

also, i have taken percoset, but it makes me itch, so now i take vicodin - it helps

you're fortunate, to have the guy you do )

castor oil helps, on the abdomen, also, ask your tcm about 'unlocking' or other chinese herbal formulas - a study just came out saying they help (tcm, not necessarily 'unlocking')

you might try giving up wheat / gluten?

evening primrose oil helps (internal, not on skin :) , vitamin e, fish oil, flax oil (be careful, might make you go to the bathroom too much if too much taken),

oh! and estrosense.com - check that out ;)

zengirl said...

Thanks Deirdre for dropping by my blog and for all your wonderful suggestions! For someone who has so much info on hand and tips to offer, you must have gone through quite a lot yourself! I don't know what health problems you may be experiencing but I hope you find relief in the methods you are seeking. There are so many great people sharing and blogging about their experiences about treatments for endo and infertility using western medicine, and from what I have read, success is not very high. Multiple surgeries, cocktails of drugs, repeated IVFs seem to be common, and draining on finances. I am determined to seek a "cure" using alternative treatment in Traditional Chinese Medicine. I don't know how effective it will be, but if it works, I will be thrilled and I hope my experience will help many women out there consider alternative treatment that works. So check back here on my progress! I am a real life case study happening! And I would love to hear your thoughts along the way! Thanks again for visiting my blog, and all the best to you!