Sunday, June 13, 2010

This Week's Menu

Here's my TCM fertility herbal pill menu for the week:



















What you see in the picture is what I take - in ONE day! These meds are suppose to tonify my organs so that they will produce all the right hormones at optimal levels to support the growth of very good quality eggs. All the stuff in spoons are prescribed by Dr.NeverGiveUp and consist of 4 different types of formula. Note that big-ball pills on the lower left are different from small-ball pills on the lower right! (Get to know your medicine! LOL!) Initially I thought they were all the same! All the stuff in the middle on the plate itself are my own supplements...

Separated into two doses.

Taken twice a day.

With gallons of water.

And a prayer.


3 comments:

Nic said...

OMG, that is a lot of meds! I hope that is it is worth it and they work!!

Lisa said...

Hey Zen Girl! Thanks for your comments on my blog :) I'll be following your story now as well. Your daily intake looks a lot like mine :)

You asked about Royal Jelly on my blog. I started taking it about a month ago and don't "feel" any different but I have read up on it quite a bit and its suppose to do wonders for egg quality and also sperm quality (I have hubs taking it too). I was using a mixture of royal jelly and bee pollen in honey but since my most recent trip to the states (you can't find any of this stuff in honey in Canada), i am now using a mix of royal jelly, bee pollen and propolis. It is terrible tasting but at this point, i'd do just about anything!

By all accounts, you're supposed to take this for 3 months prior to ivf but I've read stories of women with a horrible history of egg quality issues having taken it for 1 or 2 months prior and still having better results. I'm heading into my first IVF in August (hopefully) so i'm not sure that egg quality is an issue but they can't seem to find anything else and I've already had 3 m/c's so i'm taking matters into my own hands!

Anyways, hope that helps - i'll look forward to following your story!

Rachel said...

WOW, you are brave. How does your stomach handle all the meds? Just looking at the picture send my stomach in to knots.
It will all be worth it.