Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Achy Breaky Ute

The last 2 days have not been fun for me.

After a wonderful break from endo pain last month, some achiness returned this AF on CD3. It wasn't excruciatingly painful, thank goodness - just a persistent annoying ache. But what made it worse was that gastritis turned this achey party into a double whammy. It has always been a mystery to me why the two always go hand in hand. It's as if the pain can't exist alone without his friend, gastritis. The period pain is gone now but the pain in the stomach still lingers. Recovery from gastritis always takes the longest for me, usually sticking around for 2-3 days after the period pain is long gone. It just plain sucks!

It also sucks that Dr.NeverGiveUp has asked me to increase my dosage of bee spit (royal jelly). I should finish one bottle within a week, but it has taken me two weeks. So I am now taking a heaped teaspoon of it, twice a day. I'm getting pretty efficient at the whole horrific process of downing this disgusting stuff:  Prepare menthol lozenges, and large cup of water. Pinch nose, hold, shove bee spit in mouth, concentrate hard on swallowing, gulp down water, pop lozenge in mouth. Release nose after menthol fumes have totally engulfed entire ENT system. It's a routine now. One time hubs saw me walking around pinching my nose.

"Oh! Royal Jelly huh?"

No explanation needed.

Anyway, when I had my appointment with Dr.NeverGiveUp, I told him that AF had showed up. His reply?

"Good!"

I was taken aback my his cheerful reaction.

"Why is that a good thing?" I asked.

He said that it was good that my period had come on its own- it showed that I did have eggs, although they weren't good quality. I reminded him that my FSH was very low during my last blood work and that already indicated that I have a good reserve of eggs. He seemed very pleased about that.

Anyway, Dr.NeverGiveUp believes so much in bee spit that he's asked me to come in for a u/s scan on CD13, incase I ovulate early, even though I typically ovulate very, very late or not at all!  He seems to think that this stuff is so potent that it will lure my eggs out early. Well, we shall see about that!


3 comments:

Mad Hatter said...

Sorry to hear about the aches and pains and yucky tasting royal jelly, but glad to hear things are moving forward and Dr. NGU is happy with your progress. Thank you for your kind comments recently and for suggesting royal jelly - I picked it up at a healh food store once several months ago, but when I got home I discovered it had expired so I had to take it back - it was the last jar they had and then I never went back to get more...I will look for it again (although I won't mention what it tastes like as I'm sure it's the more commercial kind here which I hear tastes like honey!)
;-)
Love,
Maddy

Esperanza said...

I'm sorry you're having crampy period issues. That is never fun. I sooooo hope that this Royal Jelly is all Dr. NeverGiveUp insists it is. Hopefully the fact that it tastes so awful will allow it to work miracles. Good luck this cycle!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Gag...sorry you now have to take a heaping spoonful! I am praying that all this yuckyness pays off and you ovulate on time!