Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rotten Eggs and Itches

I haven't got anything to report but bad news.

First up, Ms.RJ1 has been nothing but a bad, stubborn egg. Four days after my last scan, my next scan on the following Monday showed that it had grown to about 17mm-Prime for ovulation! In the scan, Ms.RJ1 looked a little blurry, which indicated that it may just be ovulating or was about to. So it was sex, sex, sex after that.


On Tuesday, I decided to POAS and the OPK showed that it was almost positive, with the second line almost as dark as the control line. On Wednesday, I peed on another OPK, and the second line had gone lighter. Cool, I thought. It meant that I probably did ovulate on Monday, and my OPKs were showing that my LH surge had peaked and was already declining. So far so good.

Four days later on Friday, MsRJ1 was STILL there!

WTF! @£$*&%!!! She had swelled to about 25mm! And she had refused to leave the nest! My temperature had not risen either. After discussing it with Dr.NeverGiveUp, his conclusions were:

  • My LH surge is still not strong enough to trigger the ovulation (bad news)
  • I am at least producing eggs much earlier now (good news)
  • If my follicle isn't released, it might turn into a cyst (bad news)
  • I had only been on Royal Jelly 1 month (with a week's break in Borobudur) , which wasn't long enough to be significantly effective. He tells me that many of his patients fall pregnant on the 2nd month after starting Royal Jelly
  • Ms.RJ1 was not a very good quality egg overall (bad news)


He said that since the follicle was still there, it might still ovulate, and we could still continue to try. Problem was, I had developed an effing yeast infection by then and there was no way we could try!

THIS WHOLE CYCLE IS A BUST!

So now I'm miserable about Ms.RJ1, and about that Itch Bitch! I'm attacking Itch Bitch with the Canesten 1-day pessary, and it's making me bleed a little again. I know this happens to other women, and this is the second time for me even with a 14 month-span in between attacks. This cannot be a coincidence! I am pissed that they still haven't inserted that as a side-effect on it's packaging.

I am going back this Friday for another scan. We will know what's happened to stubborn Ms.RJ1 by then. It feels really weird not being able to "try"this cycle. It feels even weirder not having the chance to mope and torture myself over the 2WW symptoms!

I think I'll go abuse my body with some caffeine and evil non-fertility friendly food now.... :-(
At least that might cheer me up a bit...

PS- Dr.NeverGiveUp had a breakthrough patient last week. A 45 year old patient had just conceived naturally under his TCM programme. She had been infertile for 12 years and had 2 failed IVFs prior to that. She's the oldest patient he ever had. I am 39 now. I still have hope!  I might look like my child's grandmother by the time I have him/her, but hey, who cares!!!

3 comments:

Gurlee said...

Damn, Ms. RJ1, way to put you through the ringer. Gah, how frustrating.
And to top it off with vaginal itch, sorry friend. I remember I had a yeast infection way back when on my 2nd month TTC, ah the naivete.
I hope you are itch free soon and Ms. RJ1 finally decides to leave the nest.
45, huh? Pretty great.

Rachel said...

So sorry. You deserve to have all the caffeine and fating food after this. It sometimes feels good to just take a little break so try to enjoy it.
Pregnant at 45 years old after 12 years, that is amazing. Your Dr. is gooddddddd. That woman must be so excited. Yep this sure should give you a lot of hope, you are in good hands.

Molly W. (@mommylovespark) said...

I always binge on caffeine and unhealthy snacks when my uterus blows too. Hang in there. You are not alone! I love your writing style and am eager to read what else you have posted!

http://infertilenanny.blogspot.com