Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bad Luck Comes In Threes?

Lately, my life has been hit by a wave of bad luck. As I laid down today like a pin cushion, waiting for needles to be stuck in, I showed my TCM doc how I was starting to look like a Dalmation. I was having dark spots on my abdomen as a result of bruising caused by the acupuncture needles.

He laughed, having understood the ridiculous hardships that have befallen on me the past week, and told me that bad luck usually comes in threes. So let's do a Bad Luck Tally, shall we?

Bad Luck No.1 -
Cut hand with broken glass - CHECK!
My hand got cut bad when I broke the glass pot I was washing, requiring stitches at the hospital.

Bad Luck No.2 -
Chipped tooth and broke filling while eating cereal - CHECK!
How bad can my luck get? And over a frackin' piece of cereal too! Beware all you eating Tesco's Fruit & Nut cereal. Their wheat flakes are hard as granite! For me, that meant going to the dentist to have some lovely excavation and drilling done on my tooth! A joyous occasion, this is not!

Bad Luck No.3 -
Getting all bruised up from acupuncture needles - CHECK!
A little bruising from acupuncture once in a while is not uncommon, as the needle will likely hit one of the body's many capillaries occasionally. Unlike most people, I bruise easily, but TWO bruises in a week? This is how sexy my abdomen looks, that is if Dalmation happens to be the hottest animal print now...




My TCM doc tried to cheer me up saying that all this bad luck meant that bad karma had been cleared away, and that something good was coming around the corner for me. I certainly hope it's a baby! I wonder if good luck comes in threes too? My husband joked that it might be triplets. Har Har! Fuhneeeeeee! Like I am that fertile!

I've completed all three of 'em bad lucks now! Can I please have some good luck now?

Don't you think it's weird how chaos and bad luck catches up with you like a tsunami after a period of calm? At least that seems to be the way my life plays out all the time! Does it ever happen to you that way?


3 comments:

Kait said...

My dad has always said that bad luck comes in threes and I've seen much evidence to support that claim. I hope your bad luck streak is over and you can start reveling in luck of the more desirable variety.

Kait @ esperanzasays.wordpress.com

Mad Hatter said...

Bruises may not seem like they're good, but they are! My acupuncturist says that it is the blocked energy coming to the surface. Soon, my young grasshopper, you shall see that you do not bruise anymore. Some people get pain - that's what I had - in my arms especially. For about two months. Then it went away and I feel great!

I do think you're do for some good luck very very soon! Wishing for it for you!!!

Jill M. said...

Girl, hang on, I think you have some GOOD stuff coming your way!!!