Sunday, October 4, 2009

Less Pain, Life Gained

The flood gates opened today, and I am surprisingly well enough to be sitting up writing this. The red tide arrived on the dot as I had expected, and though it brought some pain with it, it is amazingly manageable. I actually managed to leave the house on CD1-something I've never been able to do the last 6 months! I am a functioning human being today, which is cause for celebration! Woohoo! 

I had such a wonderful day today. I went out for dinner with a group of friends and even had them over at my house after dinner. (I entertained on the first day of my period! GASP!) I did have some help though to manage the slight bit of pain. With the history I've had with pain, I am certainly no bubbly sunshine anytime pain comes near me. And so I armed myself with 500mg of naproxen sodium before heading out to dinner. Took an hour to take effect, (I am surprised that it even worked, because sometimes it's as effective as eating candy) and it lasted a good 6 hours. As a trade-off I am now suffering from a bit of gastritis. As soon as my guests left, I crashed on the couch for 2 hours. I only had 1 hour of sleep the entire night last night because of the dull ache - although not that painful on my scale of pain-o-meter, it was like having an annoying toothache the whole night. After the nap, I am now bright awake even though I have not made up for the loss of sleep. The painkiller's worn off now, and the pain came back momentarily. But I can happily say that it's GONE now-entirely on its own! and I actually feel energetic! I really think the worst is over!  

So I've only had 1 day of pain. Why was I spared this time? I haven't done anything different during this last cycle, except for moxa, to warrant this improvement. So I think the moxa must have made a great difference to my body. I saw my TCM doc yesterday and even though I complained to him about the dull ache that had started to creep in, he checked my pulse and said there was no blood stasis. I guess he was right because so far my flow, although a little heavy, has been free of clots! What a big difference compared to the previous cycle! Everything is flowing as it should and I would definitely attribute this to the 12 moxa sessions I had! I am just sooooo happy that I am finally beginning to see some real improvement. 

If the pattern of my periods before I last conceived is anything to go by, that means I should have at least another 2 pain-free, flowing periods before I will be able to conceive. Hopefully that's the kind of logic my body works with. Now it's looking possible that I might conceive before the year end. I don't want to speculate, but I am certainly feeling positive about this now.

Who knows what the future brings. But for now, I've got my wish -

I finally got my life back! Yeehar! 

8 comments:

Mad Hatter said...

Congratulations on a great breakthrough! Keep up the excellent work! It's clearly paying off!

Eileen said...

So sorry that AF showed :-( :-( :-(. What a bummer. YAY for progress though! I just had a moxa session yeserday myself. It felt especially hot this time for some reason. I swear I can still smell it in my nostrils too LOL.

zengirl said...

Thanks everyone for your well wishes!

I will be starting moxa again this Thursday. Another exciting cycle ahead. Not looking forward to the smell though! It does linger... I am sure the girls doing the moxa for me are not looking forward to it! For all I know they'll be doing rock-paper-scissors secretly to decide who's the "lucky" one to "do" me! LOL!

Jennifer said...

I know how you feel with having an endo pain improvement. A few months ago I did a round of Lupron (If I have any say I'll never do it again) and while it was horrible, it did help with my endo and my two periods since have been wonderful! Now bring on baby! I was also laughing at your previous post about why do they have to make the negative so big on pregnancy tests. I think the digital tests are more offensive. Seeing "not pregnant" makes me feel so good. :D

Eileen said...

You have an award waiting for you on my blog.

Kait said...

Hello,

I just found out about your blog from the award you received from Eileen. I have to say, I adore your blog. I'm also using TCM to fight off amenorrhea and believe it really can heal us. I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I had an ectopic in July and ended up in the ER for 12 hours, even though they didn't end up needing to do surgery. I can't imagine being away from home for that long, and through the pain you were enduring. I'm so sorry you went through all that. I will definitely be following your blog from now on. Thanks for sharing.

Kait @ esperanzasays.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Hello
Everyone likes pain free moment.Thank you for sharing this with us.Keep doing good work.You have gone from so much pain but I want to say that everyone learn something from their pain.

herbe

Fertility Chick said...

I'm so glad to have found your blog and be able to share in another blogger's TCM success! Thanks to Maddy for creating the initial link!

So glad that the pain has been manageable - hoping for continued good days ahead.

PS - I absolutely love "The Infertility Cure"!