Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Day To Celebrate!


Today, October 29th, is National Cat Day! And I'd like to pay tribute to my wonderful Fluff of Fur for all the love, cuddles, entertainment, laughter and companionship he's given to me and my husband since he came into our lives 8 years ago.

He's given us so much. Even

Customized frayed and holey furniture...

Long-lasting claw marks from overzealous playtime...

Hairball surprises where you least expect it...

Dead animal "presents"...

Midnight walks all over my face--when I'm sleeping...

Litter-box duty...

And not to mention, always in vogue fur-covered clothes...

It has all been worth it!

I'm sure it hasn't been easy for him putting up with his crazy human parents either, but I'd like to think that he's had a blessed and a very interesting life with us! See inset pic of balloonified Zoey waiting to take flight ;-) ! (I swear no cat was harmed in the making of this image - a bit humiliated perhaps...)

Even if real human kids come into the picture later, Zoey will always be my furry baby! Okay, gotta go - time to smother my furball with some luuuurve!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I missed National Cat Day. Do you think my boys will forgive me? I do so love my cats.

Mad Hatter said...

Yay for cats! And you are a wonderful photographer - my guess is that's the career you love so much! :-)

Phoebe said...

Who knew? I miss having cats!

I also just left a long reply to one of your posts earlier in the week :)