Sunday, October 11, 2009

What I Had For Dinner :-(


I was a really, really bad girl today. I binged on the worst sorts of food that you could ever eat for endometriosis and fertility-- wheat, dairy, caffeine, hormones and cold drinks!

A new mall had opened up in our neighborhood and we succumbed to the lure of TGIF, which seemed to be so happening tonight. It was packed and every table seemed to be celebrating someone's birthday.

So here's my menu of poison for the night:

APPETIZER
Fried Mac & Cheese:
Wheat and dairy galore! Great for enhancing inflammation already caused by endometriosis!

MAIN
Chicken & Shrimp Pasta in Creamy Cajun Sauce:
More wheat and dairy galore! My Endo-induced inflammation is gonna have a party!
Non-organic chicken! A shot of yummy hormones to tip my already crazy hormones off the charts

DRINKS
3 cups of cold Pepsi:
Liquid Caffeine! Wonderful for killing fertility! It's thirst-quenching coolness is wonderful for creating blood stasis, period pain and endo. Just what I need!

Now my stomach feels like there's a tornado blowing in there! I am not looking forward to what my TCM doc has to say about me tomorrow... This is pure self-sabotage. And I am sure I will pay for it dearly! But I feel so happyyyyyyyy!

Do you ever give yourself a break and succumb to the dark side occasionally...especially when it comes to food?

(Pic compliments of Zoey when he was a kitten)

4 comments:

Kait said...

I was following a TCM diet of no wheat and dairy for a while. After my ectopic I felt pretty much like f*ck it and I ate what I wanted. I didn't feel like wheat really affected me adversely anyway, and I don't eat a ton of dairy on a daily basis. Now I'm just trying to eat less wheat, especially not in it's most processed forms of crackers and such. But I will enjoy a panini when I feel like it. I haven't had a diet coke in nine months and I still miss it like crazy. I also got wasted at both weddings I went to this past year, both during the 2WW. I actually got pregnant after one of them, but then I had an ectopic so it didn't matter anyway. Diet restrictions are so hard, especially when others don't understand. I totally feel your pain. You gotta let yourself slip sometimes...

Kait @ esperanzasays.wordpress.com

Eileen said...

Everyone needs a break some times. I gave up caffeine a year and a half ago. I also eat very few dairy products. Last week I had had a really bad day and I stopped by my husband's office on my way to an infertility support group. They have a free cafe there. I was going to order decaf tea, but suddenly I said "@#$* it." I have been dying for a chai latte for the last year and dammit I ordered one. It felt fabulous too. I didn't feel guilty in the least bit aftwerward. SOmetimes you just have to give in to your craving so that you have the strength to go on and keep on the straight path. I don't plan on doing it again any time soon, but that drink was so damn good ;-).

Jill M. said...

Oh that's nothing compared to my Ravioli and Ben & Jerry kick I had. We all deserve to splurge once in awhile, so enjoy!

Mad Hatter said...

As I think I've mentioned on my blog, my acupuncturist believes it's okay to eat off your diet now and then - once you are in balance, it shouldn't upset your system. I believe that after 3months of being very strict, the school of thought is one day of indulgence per week is okay (obviously, as long as it's within reason!) The stress of worrying about it is worse than the actual 'forbidden' food, apparently. I'm glad you feel happy and I hope you don't notice too many ill effects from your treats!