Monday, November 2, 2009

The Dreaded Cottage Cheese

It seems that I am in the process of making "cottage cheese" of the itching variety. Also popularly known as candidiasis or yeast infection. That's right--the drama in my life has not ended yet for this cycle. (I certainly don't believe that bad luck comes in threes anymore. I am way past three!)

Based on the itching and the amount of "cheese" I've made (2 small pieces 1mm wide each, according to the finger dipstick), it hasn't flared up badly yet but I think it's on it's way. Ughh! Thanks to the round of antibiotics I had to take for my hand injury!

I've also been having a slight fever of half a degree higher the past 3-4 nights. It has happened to me before during my 2WW. I thought I was pregnant, but obviously it wasn't that! I have a habit of reading too much into every symptom. That's what I call "Mad Cow  IF Disease". And even with this fever, my morning BBT has actually fallen a little and it hasn't gone past 98˚F, which isn't great news.

Let's see... What other bad news have I got for you? Well, all my stitches have come out but the wound on my wrist looks ugly as hell! So much so that the doctor asked again if I wanted plastic surgery on it! My original flap of skin apparently is coming off and new bulbuos, reddish skin has formed underneath. Looks like all that stitching didn't help much! Darn!

And did I mention about the poor squirrel I nearly killed? Hmmmph! Even animals cannot escape from my jinx! One evening I went to the bathroom and proceeded to open the window. Now, my window is frosted and it swings outwards. It was dark out there and I had no idea that an animal was hanging out there on the ledge. So I had a shock when I felt the window hit something! It fell 2 floors into my garden below! Then I heard squeaking, scurrying off in a panic and then crashing into some plastic bottles in my yard and a very upset "Prrrrr!" And it was gone. There must be one very upset squirrel in my garden somewhere!

So here I am on CD30 or 7DPO wondering what else could possibly go wrong. Good luck that apparently is due to me is no where in sight. I've just about given up hope on a BFP this cycle. I can't even get pregnant when I'm fine and well. What more with this disasterous cycle?

And now I've got to figure out how to shut down this "cottage cheese" factory! The last time it happened was during my 2WW of the cycle that I actually got pregnant! I used Canesten 1-Day pessary and I bled. I later found out that

"CANESTEN Vaginal Tablets should not be administered to pregnant women during the first trimester,
since the safety in this regard has not been established."

Of course I didn't know then that I was pregnant. Who knows--it may have contributed to my miscarriage. So now I am exactly in the same boat again and I am paranoid about using any drugs to treat it - just incase a pregnancy happened or is happening in my body. So gals, how did you deal with that bitch of an itch? I've read about using natural yogurt and garlic up the cha-cha. Mmm, sounds like a real gourmet feast in there! Have you tried any of these natural remedies? Have they worked for you?

2 comments:

Fertility Chick said...

Well that doesn't sound like fun at all. I'm sorry that I don't have any natural remedy suggestions for you - but I do hope you're feeling better soon!!

Rachel said...

Sorry you are having a bad week. I hear you on the 'mad IF disease'. I went through the whole day yesterday thinking that I was prego. Boobs were madly hurting, never happened before and by evening I have started spotting. Looking for a cure for "mad IF disease' :)