Monday, November 30, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy?

It looks like my "Whatever" attitude's not gonna fly! 

I saw my TCM doc today and told him all about my ovulation woes - yes, I let it slip that I had still been using OPKs and they had been coming up negative. Again, he told me to stop using them because he doesn't want me stressing out over them. He wants me to be happy and let my body do its own thing. He kept stressing that hormones and emotions are inter-related--whatever I am feeling will effect my hormones and whatever my hormones are doing will effect my mood. So it's important for me to be happy and be in good spirits. I was anticipating him to break out into the "just relax" speech, but thankfully he stopped short of saying the "R" word! 

When he checked my pulse today, he said I should not worry about ovulation because I am actually doing well--my body is hot (his words!)! My egg should be ready to pop out soon. He told me last week that I am fit enough to conceive. So maybe there's still hope. 

This means I have to throw out my lack-luster "Whatever" attitude and be positive and HAPPY! I guess I better take some lessons from my cat Zoey who hasn't got a care in the world...





PS - I ignored my "fertility" diet and had a moist, dense, delicious brownie for dessert. It made me happy.......... VERY Happy....

3 comments:

Kait said...

Isn't it amazing how difficult it can be to just "let go" and "not worry", even when you know that will ultimately be better for us? I wonder why it is that human beings are so wired to worry when it only does us harm. I wish I could figure that one out. That brownie sounded delicious. I'm glad you indulged!

Mad Hatter said...

Yes, my friend - it sounds like your acupuncturist was talking to my acupuncturist! Good advice on all fronts, I think! Wishing you lots of joy, brownie-induced and otherwise!!
Love,
Maddy

Mad Hatter said...

P.S. Can you please tell me where you heard that DHEA causes cancer??? I woke up and started freaking out this morning because this is not something I have heard from my RE or from all the research I have done. I'd really appreciate knowing the source so I can look into it. Thanks!