Friday, November 6, 2009

Please Somebody Give Me A Break!

Hey Gals, for anyone who's been hoping to get pregnant, have you been checking yourself against this list of pregnancy symptoms?
  • Breast swelling and tenderness
  • Fatigue, lack of energy
  • Mood swings
  • Decreased alertness, inability to concentrate
  • Food cravings
  • Nausea
  • Dizziness
  • Constipation
  • Diarrhea
  • Headaches
Guess what? These are all PMS symptoms, TOO! 


WTF?


Imagine having to suffer the same symptoms of early pregnancy, and not even have a baby at the end of this?


WTFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!


I guess since yesterday's post, it is apparent that I am still torturing myself with Mad IF Disease! Yes, I am still milling around the "what early symptoms do pregnant women get" section of the interwebs.

Why Oh Why Oh Why do I torture myself like this? (Hey, that sounds kinda familiar...)

Not like I have any of these symptoms -- I just like tormenting myself. It's the effing disease.

----------

Well, I didn't find "irrational" or "crying fit" on either of the lists which is what I had today, so I would boil it down to Mad IF Disease again! 


You've heard me sing the same tiresome song all month now about how much bad luck I've been having, and poor you--you're about to hear it again! 


Today has just been another horrible day. Things have just not gone my way. I've been in a very irritable mood and every thing from my husband to the choice of restaurant irritated me. And thoughts of another failed cycle overwhelmed me and got the tearducts flowing a bit. Then I gave up the choice of going to the movies so I could go home and boil my herbal medicine. Guess what? I burned the whole freakin' pot of medicine! My husband who was in the kitchen sitting just 5 feet away from the burning pot didn't even check or smell the burning. Now there's a 1-inch thick carbon slab stuck to the bottom of my pot. My husband consoled me and rubbed my shoulders, saying that he could pour some more water in and boil it again. Yeah! Right! And make cancer soup??!

----------

And I wish I could tell you that the pink spotting I had today was from implantation, but it's bleeding from anti-yeast medication that I carefully navigated up the vahjayjay. After some advice from a friend not to mess with garlic or yogurt, I went and got the Canesten 1-Day pessary. There's tonnes of conflicting data about its safety for women in the first trimester, but after deciding that I must certainly not be pregnant, I went ahead with it. And exactly like it happened last time I used it, I bled. There are so many reports about women having this bleeding after using the Canesten pessary, Canesten still does not want to acknowledge it as a side-effect. 

----------

So I've had a good cry and I feel better now. Maybe it's the hormones, but this overwhelming sadness of how my life's played out recently have not left me. I'm still waiting for the universe to give me a break. Please somebody, drag me out of this darkness! 


I feel like I need to leave this post on a more positive note. So I want to end this with an image that I made many years ago that says exactly what's in my heart. 


All I need is just a tiny ray of hope.





4 comments:

Mad Hatter said...

Oh, sweetie...it's an awful, terrible, no-good, rotten thing this IF and sometimes, when life throws us other catastrophes (i.e. yeast infections and burnt herbs)as it tends to do, it just all seems too unbearable. I hope you can be kind to yourself this weekend and do something nice for YOU. Try, if you can, to remind yourself how far your body has come in such a short time - you are seeing such amazing progress! And remember - many women experience NO early pregnancy symptoms at all. So try to breathe and stay away from Dr. Google - maybe a movie or two isn't a bad idea? Hang in there - thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed!
Love,
Maddy

Fertility Chick said...

I second Maddy's very wise words! As hard as it is, I have basically banned myself from Dr. Google since so many pregnancy symptoms are also PMS symptoms.

I'm sorry it's been a rough time. Know that I'm thinking about you and hoping for the best!

Phoebe said...

I had to kinda laugh about the herbs because I have done that before! Now, my herbs are either in pill, powder, or tincture form. I just can't deal with whole boiling of herbs thing anymore. The other forms work just fine. I wasn't taking my herbs if I had to boil them. Too much work!

Sounds like the hormones are getting the best of you. Sorry it was a craptacular day. I hope tomorrow is better!

Angel said...

Lemme give you a long melting hug!!!!!! Things will get better, I just know it. Sometimes life's so tough but you know what, I think we're gonna turn out much stronger in many ways. Someone just told me a couple of days ago, "Think positive, think positive, think of the good ..., try not to think the negative..." It was so hard for me ...... but since it came from someone I loved, I wanted to heed the advise so I forced myself to mentally align, or try to align my thoughts that way. I think it's helping me somehow. I'm not as down as I thought I would be. I'm speaking to myself even as I'm writing to you to focus our thoughts on the positive, no matter now sad things are all around.